On 29 October, Doyles Guide published its listing of the best corporate firms and lawyers, Melbourne, 2015. An independent ranking of the leading M&A firms and lawyers in Melbourne.
The “corporate lawyers” class comprised the leading corporate advisory, M&A and capital markets firms and individual lawyers in three categories:
1. Leading Corporate Law Firms- Melbourne, 2015 (Matters Under $200M)
2. Leading Corporate Law Firms- Melbourne, 2015 (Matters Over $200M)
3. Leading Corporate Lawyers – Melbourne, 2015
The methodology used by Doyles to compile its lists was based on interviews with clients, peers and relevant industry bodies together with an online survey of general counsel, legal counsel, clients and peers.
Clarendons is pleased to announce that our firm and our lawyers featured prominently in each category, again demonstrating the high regard with which we are held in the industry. In summary:
1. In the under $200M category, out of the 29 top law firms, Clarendons was ranked in a group of firms comprising ABL, Ashurst, Clayton Utz and Minter Ellison, just behind Allens, Gilbert +Tobin, Herbert Smith Freehills and King & Wood and Mallesons.
2. In the over $200M category, out of the 29 top law firms in Melbourne, Clarendons was ranked alongside ABL, Baker & McKenzie, Clayton Utz and Corrs Chambers Westgarth, just behind Allens, Herbert Smith Freehills, King & Wood and Mallesons, Gilbert +Tobin, Ashurst and Minter Ellison.
3. In the Leading Corporate lawyers, out of a pool of approximately 150 lawyers, Clarendons’ director, John Mann, was given a “Leading” lawyer ranking in a group of 13 lawyers behind a group of 7 “Pre-eminent” corporate lawyers.
Clarendons’ directors Tony Symons and Robert Feiner were given a “Recommended” ranking in a group of 25 corporate lawyers.
In short, John was ranked in the top 20 and Tony and Robert in the top 45 corporate advisory, M&A and capital market lawyers out of a pool of 150 first rate Melbourne lawyers in this area.
Naturally our firm is thrilled with this result, competing head to head with the top national and international firms and re-affirming our strong belief in the role of a premium specialist M&A boutique such as our firm devoted to delivering its clients with legal services of the highest quality in a commercial, results focused and cost effective manner. We would like to sincerely thank our clients and peers for your support.
We are passionate about our firm, clients and industry.